The Barony of Stormhold
Stormhold is a regional branch of the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA).
The modern city of Melbourne, Australia (and indeed the entire state of Victoria) is split between two regional branches, or ‘Baronies’.
Stormhold encompasses the Northern and Western suburbs of Melbourne, and also claims several regional towns such as Ballarat, Bendigo and Echuca.
The Eastern and Southern suburbs are the territory of the Barony of Kraé Glas, as are other regional areas in that direction (such as Gippsland).
What do you do?
Ever dreamed about being a knight in shining armour, or a noble lady bestowing a handkerchief on her champion?
You may think you were born a few centuries too late, but in the Barony of Stormhold the Middle Ages live again!
Open to all, the Barony of Stormhold (a chapter of the worldwide Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) based in Melbourne, Australia) encourages and supports anyone with an interest in pre-1600 art, history, combat, craft and culture.
Here’s a taste of our activities:
- Garment reconstruction and costuming
- Chivalric tournament combat
- Cooking and brewing (and eating and drinking)
- Diverse medieval crafts
- Armour construction
- Calligraphy and manuscript illumination
- Renaissance-style dancing
In fact, anything that happened before the 17th century is within the scope of the club. And if you’ve got a specific interest, there’ll probably be someone in the worldwide Society that shares your passion.
So have a look around and explore the website. A wealth of knowledge awaits!
Many congratulations unto Lord Tomas van den Hove and Lord Michael de le Ferrett on their admittance to the Order of the Silver Drakkar at Congregatus Australis 2018. Huzzah!
- We are looking for a bold-hearted applicant for the position of Knight Marshal. See Positions Vacant for ways you can contribute to your Barony.
Congratulations are also due the following gentles, for their appointment to the following Baronial Officer positions:
- Webwright, Lord Gillucan ua Tomaltaig
- Lists Officer, Lady Amelia de la Mere
- Constable, Mistress Clara Bone-Adventure