Stormhold Baronial Officers’ meeting 22nd May, 2017

Attendees-

Rodrigo De Burgos, Sara Van den Hove, Ute Vnon Tangemunde, Brian Dorcha Ua Conaill, Miriam Bar Shimon, Thorfinn Hrolfsson, Michael De Le Ferrett, Hugh Fortesmains, Tomas Van Den Hove,

Apologies:
Mahoult, Wynflaed, Thorkill.

1) Meeting commenced: 7:45pm at Coulson soccer Pavilion.

2) Previous minutes dated 24th April:

Tomas moves minute notes to be accepted;

Sara seconds- Accepted.

3) Correspondence (as attached)-

Rodrigo has email Auburn Sec College & called. Waiting on return response.

4) Old business arising from previous minutes- Apologies from Thorkill about the rapier poll. Follow up next month.

Goutte de Perle- Master created, sent of to the mould casters. Pieces should arrive next Monday.

5) Officer reports:

A&S- Waldo has withdrawn from the position. Time to seek replacement. Rodrigo to advertise.

Capt. Of Archers- attached.

Dep. Seneschal- attached.

Constable- position vacant.

Herald- attached.

Lists- attached.

Knight Marshal- attached.

Reeve- Solutions account balance $4,347. Cash Reserve account balance $11,097.43.

Rapier Marshal- apologies. Rodrigo to promote commentary period.

Webminister- attached.

Seneschal- There was a Skype meeting of Lochac’s seneschals. Enjoying the possibilities!

B&B- The next Royal visit will be October 14th & 15th. No current events planned at that time. Have been in touch with KG B&B, who are happy to split & share the event. They can do the Sat & Stormhold the Sunday. The event must be held near the SH/KG border. Miriam to ask around for an event steward for Sunday to organise big tourney & catering etc.

Pie warmer being donated to the Barony by Lady Celsa.

Hoods of Warmth done, just need buttons.

6) Sub-goups:

Hamlet Lac D’Or- Nothing as yet. They have a Facebook group.

College of St Cecilia- Around 8 people attend the weekly Craft meeting. Hugh looking at funds from the Uni to get raw materials to make armour. Planning a pizza & medieval game meeting.

College of St Batholomew- has one member, according to the SCA membership database!

7) Events:

Past events- Bash 7th of May-

No fighting done, as KG had event the previous day. Lots of archery.

Current events- Bash 4th June?

Bash 2nd July?

Bash 6th August- B&B thinking of holding the Stormhold Championships.

Bash 1st Oct- Apologies as Wynflaed not attending.

Winter Feast 22nd July- Budget has been put together. There is an Early Music ensemble looking to play at the event. Sara is asking for an ex gratia amount of $600 to pay them plus entry fees & insurance.

Thorfinn moves to accept;

Brian seconds- Accepted.

Event to be capped at 90 people, leading to a loss of $10 with the ticket charge of adult member $30, Concession/student $20 and child (age 5-12) $10.

Thaw War 1st-3rd September- All the sites are booked. The booking form to be done by the end of the week, as well as making a page for the Webminister. Most of the roles have been filled.

Event planning- KG Knights School: happening this weekend.

KG Day of Honour 19th August.

Straits War between KG, SH & YF- nothing currently happening.

Stormhold 30th Anniversary- The date in the Canon is 2nd of Sept 1988. Miriam will put the call out for ideas on the lists, web & fb groups.

8) General business

9) Other business

10) Next meeting: to be held at the Coulson soccer pavilion on 26th of June, 2017.

11) Meeting close: 8:33pm.